Sunday, March 24, 2013

A man lying on his deathbed called his lawyer, his doctor, and his pastor to his bedside. "I am going to die tonight, and I want to prove that when you go to heaven you can take it all with you. So to you, my three most trusted friends, I am leaving $50,000 in each of these three envelopes. When I die, you must come to my funeral and put the envelopes in my coffin with me." The man handed the three men identical envelopes.

A day later they each received news that, that night the old man had died . So each knew they must go to his funeral and fulfill his death wish.

Standing over the coffin one week later the pastor confessed, "I can't hide what I've done. I took $10,000 from the envelope because the church needed to be painted."

Then the doctor also started to fidget and finally confessed, “I took $30,000 from my envelope because the hospital needed a new wing."

Then the lawyer said plainly, “You bunch of crooks! I wrote him a check for the full amount!"

1 comment: